Sunday, May 3, 2009

Panicpanicpanic (and oh yeah, May Themes)

So, if you still think we're just being lazy about releasing a new episode after reading Deborah's post, perhaps this will cause you to reconsider:

Things Which Staci Is Doing This Month
  1. Five AP exams
  2. One two-part IB exam
  3. Seven EOCs
  4. One 50,000 word NaNoWriMo
  5. Obtaining a medical internship
  6. Hopefully sleeping a little bit

This is a RIDICULOUS month for all of the MADers, and it's going to be a miracle if we manage to get everything we have to do this month done. The podcast, unfortunately, is temporarily on hold.

But neither rain nor snow nor gloom of night can put an end to the MAD Book Challenge, and after April's "Choose-Your-Own-Themes" month, I couldn't skip out on coming up with themes again. But since this is exam month for most students, I'm going with fun, hopefully easy themes. Here they are:

  1. Week One: Movie Book (means was originally a book, then made into a movie. BP if you watch the movie in addition to reading the book. I'm not sure if I'm repeating this theme by accident, but if I am, I apologize.)
  2. Week Two: Stack of Small Books (As opposed to reading one large sized book, read a bunch of super small kid books. 3-4 novels about as long as Goosebumps, Boxcar Children, American Girls... You get the idea. Alternatively, if for some reason you're not a fan of children's literature, read a collection of short stories. I, for example, will be reading some HP Lovecraft this week. Join me if you dare.)
  3. Week Three: Book With An Orange Cover (The cover only has to be mostly orange. IF you're stumped, I recommend The Curious Incident of the Dog In the Night-Time by Mark Haddon or Intensity by Dean Koontz (yes, that counts as orange).)
  4. Week Four: Pirate Book! (Defined as a pirate book if removing the pirates from the plot would make the book no longer make sense. I'll be reading one of my favorite books ever, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, if anyone cares to join me.)

There you have it. This month was originally slated for both "Classic Literature" and "A Book About a Dog", but I changed it last minute for you because absolutely none of us has time for tackling a classic - and dogs always die in books, but I'd prefer something more uplifting at the moment. Happy reading!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Yeah, so I was definitely repeating the movie theme. Oh well - the way things are looking this month, we all need a break, and this gives us an excuse to watch a good movie.