Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oh yeah! Update to end all updates!

This picture was taken on August 18th, 2008:


Well, actually I scanned my dry-erase board, and it's kind of crooked but I really don't want to have to scan it again.


There are two things that you will notice about this dry erase board. The first is the giant, demonic red number seven. That was the number of days until school started as of yesterday (I'm running a Countdown to Doom. I have four dry erase boards in my room, one on each wall, and they are all currently bearing horned number sixes, which is actually a bit disturbing.)


The other thing you will notice is the little reminder I wrote to myself, in my horrendous handwriting.


WE RECORDED YESTERDAY!!!!


If you went and checked out our new official website at http://themadpodcast.libsyn.com/ (I've just put a link to it in the sidebar as well), you already know that because of last minute problems we changed the subject of this show's discussion from "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time" by Mark Haddon to Coldplay's new album, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. (Don't worry, the TCIOTDITNT episode will appear some time in the future) The episode should be released later this week (weekend, possibly Friday). I'm sending my audio files to Sarita as I write this post.


The episode will be shorter than our usual ones, and certainly shorter than our Special Edition Twilight podcast. However, we did manage to get in some pretty good discussion. Aside from the main discussion, you'll also be listening to a Spotlight segment, plus you'll be introduced to a brand new segment! It's so awesome I don't want to spoil it here, but after the episode is released I might talk more about it. There's also a new Listener Challenge.


Now that you've got all the good news, here's the downside: this week we're missing one of our fabulous co-hosts. Sarah has been abducted by marching band and won't be appearing on this episode. However, she WILL be coming back soon, so don't worry!


And as if all of that wasn't enough of a huge update, we've also decided officially on the topic of our next two shows. Episode Four will discuss "The Dark Knight" (the new Batman movie) and Episode Five will discuss "Breaking Dawn" by Stephenie Meyer, as a followup to our Twilight Special Edition (beware: spoilers will abound!) There was a whole lot of confusion about what we were going to discuss after Episodes One and Two, hence all the last minute changes, but this time we've got things more securely under control and you should be able to count on Episodes Four and Five being on those topics.


The winner of last episode's Listener Challenge has been decided. We forgot to mention it on the show, but each episode we'll anounce the winner (we did remember to do that part, at least!), and then we will post their entry on both this site and the official libsyn site (link in the sidebar). However, since Episode Three hasn't come out yet I'll hold up on posting the entry... When the episode is released, we'll reveal the name of the winner on both sites and post the entry for all to see.


Phew! How was that for an update? I'll get back to you with some recording stories and behind-the-scenes bonus features; right now I'm trying to decide how much to reveal here before the episode is released. I'll probably come back with some tantalizing hints, for now. Until then,



-Staci

No comments: