Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Newsflash

So, if you're one of the like, two people on the entire planet who haven't seen the new Twilight movie, I should inform you of the following:
  1. The guy who played Jacob in the movie is an actor named Taylor Lautner.
  2. Taylor Lautner did a really good job as Jacob.
  3. Taylor Lautner is not tall enough to play Jacob as he appears in the following books (he grows a whole bunch between books 1 and 2)
  4. They're considering recasting the role. So they can get a taller guy.

I would give a lengthy explanation of the MADers' opinions about this whole situation, but I think the following g-chat between Sarah and myself, shortly after the news was announced, pretty much clears it up:

Sarah: READ MY EMAIL I AM SO PISSED

I AM EVEN GOING THROUGH THE STAGES OF GRIEF

me: ha i literally just read it yeah, that kind of sucks

Sarah: OMGOGOMGOGMOGMMG

me: i mean, can they even do that?

Sarah: I WANT TO KILL SOMEONE

MUST HAVE BLOOD

AHHHH

me: ...it seems like replacing him would not work

haha must have blood

Sarah: I

me: smirk

Sarah: WONTSEE IT

me: oh, yes you will

Sarah: (hahaha, no pun intended)

NO I WONT

I WILL NOT SEE IT IF THEY REPLACE HIM

me: well, I will see it anyway. i'll be annoyed, but i'll see it

Sarah: HE IS A SEXY SEXY MAN AND HE DESERVES WIRK

WELL YOU ARENT GOING WITH ME

WORK*

me: haha actually, i'd be more confused than anything. there's no reason why they can't keep taylor lautner on

Sarah: HE DOEST FIT THEIR EFFING CHARACTER DESCRIPTION

SARAH IS PISSED

me: but i mean, the only reason he doesn't fit the description is like height wise and they can fake that i mean... can't they just make taylor lautner work out a lot and then stand him oon some crates?

Sarah: HE HAD EFFING CHEST MUSCLES

NICE ONES

(AND THEY HAD ROSE STAND ON CRATES, WHY NOT HIM)

DIES

me: the books make it seem like he grows a million feet or something, but bella actually asks how tall he is and he's really only like six four or something

Sarah: I KNOW

me: so it's not like he has to be eight feet tall or anything

Sarah: I KNOW

me: they need to take a step back and reconsider

personally, i can't see them changing actors. i doubt they want the kind of negative feedback they're going to get from fans because they're GOING to get negative feedback

people liked him

Sarah: I HATE CHANGING ACTORS

me: it really doesn't work

Sarah: AND HE IS FANTABULOUS

me: once you get an actor you have to commit- it would be worse for the movie to have him suddenly change completely than for him to be a few inches too short

Sarah: I KNKNKNNNOOOOWWWW

me: and you're right, i could - well, not really, but i'd at least be a bit more understanding if he was a bad actor in the film. the fact that he did a good job just makes this whole thing ridiculous - they're only changing actors because of a physical description? and at that, something that can be fixed easily enough?

Sarah: YES I AM SO PISSED THEY CANT DO IT , ITS STUPID AND IDIOTIC

me: I actually wonder whether or not this is only some kind of publicity stunt? Because I can't see them seriously considering this

It doesn't make sense

Sarah: I HOPE SO CAUSE AS I SAID<>

me: Personally, I'm not going to get too mad unless we hear official word that they're definitely going to change actors. Until then, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all a publicity stunt

entertainment weekly?

Sarah: IM PISSED NOW

and idk

me: hm

Sarah: I HAVE TO BE I CARE TOO MUCH HE IS HOT

me: and a good actor

Sarah: AND FREAKING PERFECT FOR THE ROLE HE PLAYED IT SO WELL

me: he did

ah, well. as long as they don't switch out jackson rathbone

The only thing that might need some explanation is when Sarah mentions "They made Rose stand on creates". She's referring to the actress who played Rosalie in the movie--she was too short, so they made her stand on crates and wear HUGE heels and stuff.

No comments: